All updates will be posted here with the newest ones at the top and oldest at the bottom. Just like everything else, our plans are fluid based on health and local, state, and federal regulations.
Every dance season is special and one to remember, but it's safe to say that 2020 takes the cake!!!
Our Souvenir Program is one of the traditions we value most from Miss Margie, and it's one that we can assure you will stand the test of time. It's evolved to a full-color, spiral-bound, beautifully designed yearbook full of memories. That's why, even with everything else fluid and unknown, we will absolutely publish the 2020 program.
We understand that this CoVid crisis has affected everyone in different ways. We understand that there are a lot of unknowns. Please know that we are not pressuring in anyway - if you do not choose to place a Tribute Page for your dancer, know that it's perfectly fine (as always) and also know that your dancer will be included in our yearbook in other ways - our creative juices are flowing and we are excited!
Group pictures are an unknown at this time, so we are planning collage pages for each age group to ensure that every single student is included. Be on the lookout for instructions on how to submit photos.
Recital details are still fluid at this time. We have two June dates (look for more communication soon) and we are planning for several different possibilities. We understand that a "typical" recital might not happen, but again, we are thinking outside the box on ways to give your dancer and your family an awesome experience. Regardless of the actual performance, our Souvenir Program will be fabulous for priceless memories of this dance season.
Tribute Page Info
Parents, family members and friends may purchase tribute pages for their favorite dancers. Businesses may purchase tribute pages and include their logo as advertisement!
-1/4 Page $80
-1/2 Page $100 (must be HORIZONTAL)
-Full Page $140
-Portfolio Page $190 (4 pictures of the SAME dancer, CAN include mother/daughter or father/daughter, but can NOT include siblings, friends, etc.)
***Please note that multiple dancers CAN appear in 1/4 and 1/2 pages this year. This is new!***
DEADLINE TO PLACE A TRIBUTE IS APRIL 20.
DEADLINE TO PAY FOR TRIBUTE PAGE IS MAY 1. You can pay online (after April 20) or mail a check. If you need to work out payment arrangements, please just email us and we will see what we can do.
(For our new families, we are working to get an example of our program up on the website, so check later this week!)
If you have any questions, please let us know. Stay safe and healthy, and know that your dance studio misses you very much!
Dancers and their families have been added to our BAND App. The Zoom Schedule has been posted there, for privacy and security, we will not post that schedule here, but here are some questions you might have:
Q- I’m not sure which class to take. Can you tell me which class is mine?
A- Your teacher will post in your class Band which weekly Zoom classes would be great for you. Check there!
Q- My class is usually at 4:30. Why is it at a different time?
A- We wanted to offer two times/days for most things. We wanted to limit the number of people in the studio. We wanted to only run two Zoom classes at a time so as not to drag down the internet speed. Our staff have other responsibilities outside of the studio, and like many of you, their schedules and needs have changed with CoVid-19. Those are a few of the reasons.
Q- I’m in the XYZ class on Tuesdays usually, but I think the Thursday class works better this week. Can I go to that class?
A- Of course! We built this to give options because we know schedules are crazy right now. Come to whichever class works best for your family.
Q- Do I have to go to both Hip Hop classes? I usually just have one each week.
A- You certainly don’t HAVE to attend both, but if you want to, you can! Consider it a bonus!
Q- Will we work on recital dances on the Zoom?
A- That’s not the plan at this time. You’ll get videos by April 15 with recital choreography, so for now, Zoom classes are for technique and dancing.
Dear Studio 68 Families,
In our last email, we asked you to get started with setting up Band and Zoom. (If you still aren't on Band, get set up here: https://band.us/n/aca73cg0J7oaQ)
Miss Maria's Story Time went well last night and we are excited about our test classes this week! We wanted to address a few more things:
1) Given the Governor's mandate from 3/23, for the month of April, all S68 classes will be 100% virtual. Our original plan was to offer daytime and evening options, BUT with Distance Learning in place, it looks like most classes will be after 4pm. Just know a dance schedule is coming this week and if we need to adjust, we will. For most classes, our teachers will be at the studio, so the setting will be very familiar to your dancers. Some of these classes may be recorded and accessed later, but the intention is for our Zoom classes to interact, so ideally dancers will be on live.
2) By April 15, each class will have recital choreography videos available in their Band. These can be watched anytime and as often as you like. We will also add other videos of exercises, warm ups etc. that your dancer can utilize from home at your convenience!
3) As of now, our recital date is still on the schedule, so we are working toward that. Should this change, we would look to reschedule in June, if that is a possibility. And if not, we will come up with something - trust us!
4) With classes continuing, albeit in a new way, April tuition will be charged as normal. Autopay will run April 5th. Those who opt to pay by cash or check will need to use PO Box 883, Wilkesboro NC 28697. That said, we understand that families may be struggling, as this time has placed a strain on many jobs. WE ARE HAPPY TO WORK WITH YOU ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS. Please reach out to Miss Stephanie, Miss Natalie or Miss Debbie. We want 100% of our dancers to keep growing and learning and we are here to help you make that happen!
5) Accounts with zero balance will be added to their class Bands at the end of this week. After April 5, unpaid accounts that have not spoken with us to work out terms, will be removed from their class Bands. Again, we want you all dancing and we are willing to work with your family if you need us to, but you'll need to reach out to one of us ASAP.
6) We don't anticipate this happening, but should you choose NOT to participate in Studio 68 virtually, we will remove your child from our roles for this season. ***Because we run all-inclusive tuition, you would still have a small balance upon withdrawal for the costumes, etc that you have already received.*** Unfortunately, once a dancer has been removed for the season, he/she will not be able to return for recital, as all of that prep is happening via video and Zoom and it would be too hard to catch up.
7) Company Stars, please check later today for additional information regarding your accounts. You are a little more complicated as there are entry fees and other such things at play.
If you have questions or just would like to talk through all this with someone, please let us know. We aren't holding office hours at the studio, but we are here for our Studio 68 parents and dancers. Never has the old saying been truer: "The show must go on..." - and we promise it will at Studio 68!
One of the topics on our list is Mother/Daughter and Father/Daughter. Here's what we know:
We are asking you to let us know your plans. Obviously, if the routines do not happen, everyone will be credited $100 (which is less costumes and expenses already incurred). However, you have the option to drop out now, if that's what you need to do, and get the $100 credit immediately.
Please note - don't fill out the form until you are sure. We can't juggle lots of back and forth on this
COMPLETE THE 30 SECOND FORM HERE
If you have any questions, let us know. Thanks! We miss you guys!
Dear Studio 68 Family,
The news is full of CoVid-19 updates, as you undoubtedly know. In fact, our competition just cancelled this weekend's event. At Studio 68, our policy is to "keep calm and dance on....with extra caution"! We have no intention of over-reacting, but we do want you to know that we are aware and actively making adjustments to keep our dancers healthy and doing what they love.
We are taking the following additional steps for the health and safety of our staff and dance families:
Here is what you can do to help keep our studio healthy:
We are doing our very best to stay informed and to keep our families healthy and safe. We will contact you again should circumstances change. Stay safe and keep dancing!